CESSDA PPP is a completed project. These web pages will not be updated.
CESSDA PPP Expert Workshop on Harmonisation Issues in Comparative Social Surveys, April 2008, Paris
In April 2008 a group of experts joined CESSDA PPP members in Paris to consider how to fill the need for a a common framework for documenting, distributing and applying the results of data harmonisation efforts. We are happy to be able to make a number of the presentations available for wider discussion.
For further information please contact Markus Quandt (markus.quandt at gesis.org), or see the description of Work Package 9 of the CESSDA PPP.
- Silke Schneider: The International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED-97): Application to national educational qualifications and implementation in cross-national survey
- Harry Ganzeboom: Harmonizing Education and Occupation in Cross-National Comparative Research
- Gara Rojas-Gonzales: Harmonizing microdata in EU-SILC
- Peter Elias: ISCO 88 and its pending revision
- Willem Saris: Measurement requirements for comparative research (with multiple reflective indicators)
- Jonas Edlund: Constructing nominal categorical class schemas: what kind of information is needed?
- Christof Wolf: Measuring religiosity and harmonizing religious measures in cross-national surveys
- Laurence Coutrot, (Annick Kieffer): ESeC: origins, major concepts, and implementation
- Richard Topf: The CCESD-IS (Centre for Comparative European Survey Data Information System) [Presentation not available]
- Claude Grasland: Social data and the modifiable area unit problem
- Alexandre Kych: Geographical location information and social survey data (working title) [Presentation not available]
- Ruud Luijkx: COMPSOC: exploiting, documenting, and enriching COMParative data from large-scale surveys in the SOCial sciences
- Paul Lambert: Distributing occupational information resources for comparative research: Experiences of the GEODE project
- Markus Quandt: Roundtable: "Kick-off presentation: The approach of the CESSDA-PPP harmonisation work package"
- Joachim Wackerow: Roundtable: "DDI Perspective on Harmonisation"